During this unprecedented COVID-19 crisis, members of the Maui Hotel & Lodging Association have been making the effort to give back to the community.
Most of the call for donations from the county and the state were asked for sanitation and bedding in preparation for an influx of COVID-19 patients.
Below is a list of some of the donations and contributions from hotels across Maui:
- Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa donated boxes of hand sanitizer and PPE non-latex gloves to the Maui Health Foundation
- Andaz Maui donated 240 rolls of toilet paper to construction workers working on county infrastructure projects upon request from the Mayor’s Office.
- Fairmont Kea Lani donated more than 1,200 pounds of produce, dairy and eggs to the Food Bank and other nonprofits, as well as 3500 pairs of PPE gloves to first responders.
- Maui Ocean Club donated 50 rollaway beds to help with potential patient overflow at Maui Memorial Medical Center
- Wailea Golf Club donated two cases of PPE non-latex gloves to the Maui Health Foundation
- TS Restaurants donated food and meals to Ka Hale A Ke Ola until the chain of Maui restaurants had to shut down. For four days they served 25 meals a day at Ka Hale A Ke Ola’s west Maui location.
- Sun Fresh Hawaii donated close to $24,000 worth of fresh produce, milk and cheese to a number of Maui nonprofits including Ka Hale A Ke Ola central and west Maui locations, the Maui Medical Group, Malama Family Recovery Center, Women Helping Women, Aloha House, Christ the King Church, King’s Church along with many others. Donations will continue until supplies run out.
- Structural Concrete donated boxes of N95 masks to Maui Memorial Medical Center
- PWC Hawaii donated food to fire crews at the Kahului Station as well as cleaned the station kitchen exhaust hood system free of charge.
- Kaanapali Westin donated a truckload of towels, sheets and other linen supplies.
- Destination Resorts donated sheets, blankets, towels, shampoo and body wash.
- Four Seasons Resort donated sheets, towels, washcloths and blankets.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua donated sheets, shampoo, shower gel and other items to the COVID-19 quarantine center in Kahului as well as 450 pounds of food to Maui Food Bank. Toilet paper, sundries and clothes were also donated to Women Helping Women.
- Grand Wailea donated more than 600 pounds of food to Feed My Sheep and the Maui Food Bank.
- Montage Kapalua Bay donated 300 towels, 100 sheets and 1,000 rubber gloves.
- Maui Coast donated linens, pillows, towels and toiletries
- The following hotels have agreed to will house doctors, nurses and first responders: Hotel Wailea, Maui Beach Hotel, Montage Kapalua Bay, Napilii Kai Beach Resort, Napilii Surf and Kaanapali Beach Hotel.
Many properties made sure the first people they helped were their own employees who were laid off or furloughed. The following are just a few examples: